This chili is absolutely delicious, and super easy to make. If you want to kick it up a notch, you could add a little cayenne pepper for some heat. The refried beans make this chili thick and very hearty, just right for a chilly autumn day!
40 Minute Vegan Chili
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 15 ounces vegetarian refried beans
- 15 ounces kidney beans, cooked
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen organic (to avoid GMOs) corn kernels
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- roughly chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
Saute onion in large stock pot for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
Add garlic and saute another 2-3 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
Garnish with chopped cilantro, or for a non-vegan option, shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream.
- Vegan Cornbread! (askaveganbaker.com)
- Spicy Vegan Chili (fisherlauren.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Two Bean and Pumpkin Chili (yonderwild.wordpress.com)