A twist on traditional oatmeal, this recipe calls for tart fresh cranberries and semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you like chocolate-cherry combinations, you will love this recipe, as the flavors are very similar.
Cranberry Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal – serves 4
- 3 C water
- 1 1/3 C old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 C firmly packed br. sugar
- 1/3 C chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2/3 C fresh cranberries, finely chopped or pulsed in food processor
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, to taste
Combine all ingredients except for chocolate in a 1 qt saucepan. Mix well.
Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cover, remove from heat, let stand 2-3 minutes.
Add chocolate to individual servings, stirring to melt.
Serve with cream or milk as desired.
- I Love Me Some Oatmeal! (fortheloveofoliveoil.wordpress.com)