For some reason, there seems to be a lot of cauliflower haters out there. If you happen to be one, be forewarned: I have made more than a few converts with this dish – yet another family recipe passed down through the generations, this cauliflower gets covered in melted butter and then generously coated with seasoned bread crumbs. This recipe is super easy to make and is a delicious side to any meal.
Breaded Cauliflower – serves 6
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 c butter
- 2/3 c Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Cook the cauliflower until fork tender (I prefer steaming it, but it can also be boiled, etc.). Set aside.
In a medium pot, melt butter. Shut off heat and add cooked cauliflower, stirring until well coated with butter. Add in the breadcrumbs, again stirring until coated.
Serve hot as an accompaniment to a meal, or reheat for a late night snack. 😉
- Cauliflower Gratin with Two Cheeses (williams-sonoma.com)
- Sicilian-Style Linguini with Roasted Cauliflower, Almonds, and Bread Crumbs (justaboutveg.wordpress.com)
- Ingredient Spotlight: Cauliflower (williams-sonoma.com)
- Sandy Cauliflower and Cheese (mmmfoodies.wordpress.com)