Raw and organic lovers, here is a great way to add a little chocolatey-goodness to your life!
We’ve all heard of the potential health benefits of dark chocolate- especially cocoa powder. The list is long, and quite impressive, including decreased blood pressure, improved blood vessel health, and improvement in cholesterol levels, among other benefits. This is largely due to polyphenolic flavonoids in cocoa that have the potential to prevent heart disease. Flavonoids are antioxidants that are commonly found in fruits, vegetables, tea, wine, and coffee.
Unfortunately, not all cocoa is created equal. Some are more processed, leading to lesser health benefits, while others contain fillers or other unwanted ingredients. Freedom Super Foods is one company that is devoted to creating the highest-quality pure raw cacao powder available.
So what exactly sets this product above the rest? For starters, it is USDA certified organic, meaning it has never been treated with pesticides or herbicides. It also happens to be raw, which is important because roasting can destroy a lot of the beneficial properties in the cocoa; and non-fermented, important for the same reasons. Being rich in nutrients, minerals & flavonoids, Freedom Super Foods raw organic cacao powder is highly alkalizing. Because of this, many customers have reported excellent sleep and energy, with some even noticing a significant decrease in appetite.
For those on a low-carb or gluten-free diet, you’ll be happy to know that this cacao powder is processed in an FDA approved facility free of the 8 major allergens including gluten. Also, it is naturally low in carbohydrates which is perfect for pre-diabetics, type 2 diabetics and people who are on a low carb diet.
The cacao powder is only source from small, sustainably run family owned farms in the most secluded, untouched, ancient rainforest in remote parts of the Dominican Republic. The result is the purest of raw organic cacao powder.
Here’s a close up shot of the nutrition facts and label (note the high levels of minerals):
Used in it’s raw form, this cacao powder has a wonderful depth with a slight aromatic, cherry-like flavor, but for me this product truly shines when used in baking. It has a much more intense, rich chocolatey flavor than other brands making it perfect for brownies and cakes, though perhaps it negates the benefits of being in raw form. Check out my recipe for Mocha Brownie Pudding Cake below!
I also loved that this product comes in a heavy-duty, resealable stand-up pouch, making it easy to store, and doesn’t take up much space. It also helps the cacao stay nice and fresh.
An Antioxidant Rich Super-food, Packed with Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, Copper & other Nutrients that can Help Keep you Healthy, Happy, Energized & Relaxed – Satisfaction Guaranteed. Every order is backed by a 60 day, no questions ask money back guarantee – even if you return the pouch completely empty.
If you love chocolate and are looking for a way to get more minerals and antioxidants in your diet, I highly recommend this product.
If you would like to purchase this produt on Amazon, BUY HERE
If you would like to visit the company website to learn more, CLICK HERE
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Mocha Brownie Pudding Cake
- 1 C a/p flour
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C sugar
- 6 T (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 1/3 C freshly brewed hot coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 6 cup casserole pan with oil or butter.
- In med. bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a lg. bowl, mix eggs, sugar and butter until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, stirring by hand until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with brown sugar. Pour coffee over the batter and sugar. It will pool up and look very wet, but don’t worry! It will all come out right in the end 🙂 Just keep thinking “pudding” cake…
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cake has risen and is firm to the touch. There may be areas of liquid bubbling around the edges and small pools of coffee on top of cake that hasn’t set in yet- this will all get absorbed into the cooked cake while it’s cooling.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.