Welcome to chocolate heaven! As the name suggests, this incredible dessert is like the love child between rich, fudgy brownies and chocolaty pudding- you just can’t get any better! Well, unless you serve it up warm with a big scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream on top…
Mocha Brownie Pudding Cake
- 1 C a/p flour
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C sugar
- 6 T (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 1/3 C freshly brewed hot coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 6 cup casserole pan with oil or butter.
- In med. bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a lg. bowl, mix eggs, sugar and butter until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, stirring by hand until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with brown sugar. Pour coffee over the batter and sugar. It will pool up and look very wet, but don’t worry! It will all come out right in the end 🙂 Just keep thinking “pudding” cake…
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cake has risen and is firm to the touch. There may be areas of liquid bubbling around the edges and small pools of coffee on top of cake that hasn’t set in yet- this will all get absorbed into the cooked cake while it’s cooling.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.